From One Thing to the Next...

April 30, 2011

Grad Announcement:


It has now been a full week since graduating.  Have things slowed down even a little?  I WISH! I swear life never slows down - never waits for you to catch your breath.

Granted, it's at least slow enough for me to post :)

The last week has been a whirlwind.  Graduation last Friday, birthday on Saturday, and my best friend Savannah comin' in town till Wednesday, wrapping it up with starting my studying for the CPA and re-roofing our house this morning.

It was SO fun re-living the old days with Sav: classic piano session, some legit HP time (totally rocked Voldemort's world - ya, that's right!), a little Peter Pan action, with totinos and jones to boot.  I wish life could be as carefree as it used to be - where all I worried about was how I looked and whether or not my chores were done so I could hang out with friends after school.  Oh the life....

What happened to that? Now I'm worried about bills, about how my boss feels about my work, and callings at church.  Ick.  So grown up.

That's the biggest thing that's hit me since graduating - real life is starting!  Huge responsibilities, more major decisions, and a hugely lengthened perspective.  Instead of thinking "just till the end of this semester", it's "where will I be in five years".

Luckily we'll still have this short summer to do a few things before I start my "real" job at Ernst and Young this fall.  FIRST AND FOREMOST: DISNEYLAND!  What good is graduating if you can't share it with Mickey?  We're heading out in a couple weeks (who am I kidding, I'm counting down the hours - 207.5!), and we're going to have the trip of our lives.  We found a rockin' connection and got in to Club 33, which is like the dream of a lifetime!!!  If you don't know what that is, I plain feel sorry for you.

So there are some things to look forward to before reality hits hard, I'm just afraid they'll be gone fast!

0 comments:

Post a Comment